The last few times I can recall having curry, they were of the Indian variety. While I do really love Indian curry, I was thinking about how back in the day Naomi would make all kinds of different curry, which inspired me to break out of my normal routine and find a good Thai curry recipe. And, since someone recently raved about how much they love Emeril’s recipes, I decided to take a shot at one of his. But since I can’t resist the call of AllRecipes, I did browse around there for a while and found another unrelated recipe for a side dish that looked interesting (and hopefully tasty), so hopefully at least one of them turns out alright:
- http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/thai-shrimp-curry-recipe/index.html (scaled 3x)
- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pakistani-spicy-chickpeas/detail.aspx (scaled for 10 servings)
Here are the requested ingredients:
- Axelina: 9 Tablespoons chopped Thai basil leaves; 9 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves; sprigs of fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Chris: 2 large red bell peppers; 1 tomato
- Dana: 1 large red bell pepper; 1 tomato; 2 onions
- David: 6 tablespoons peanut oil; 1/4 cup vegetable oil; 6 tablespoons fish sauce (+ soy sauce for vegetarians); 6 teaspoons palm sugar or light brown sugar; 2 teaspoons cumin seeds; 1 teaspoon salt; 1 teaspoon chili powder; 1 teaspoon lemon pepper; 2 tablespoons lemon juice; 6 medium carrots; 4 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans; 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined; 9 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste; 1 1/2 cup chopped shallots; 6 teaspoons minced garlic
- Jeff: 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Jessica: 3 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
- Lindy: 1 volume-equivalent-to-pound-of-shrimp tofu; 2 tomatoes
- Leigh: enough jasmine rice to be a side for ~12 people’s curry
- Mary: 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Mena & Simon: 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Others: Bring some fruit or other snack for people to munch on while we wait for the main course to be ready, or a dessert, if you really want.
I’m excited to see you guys tomorrow!