Is it really Monday already? And when did it become October? Who’s excited to hear lots of innuendo about balls accompanying tomorrow’s dinner? Everyone? You’re all dirty.
Thai Chicken Balls, scaled to
12 servings, but 2 pounds of meat, one pound of fake-meat are the first item on the menu tomorrow. This will be accompanied by (but not really meant to mix with) Roasted and Curried Butternut Squash Soup, scaled to 16 servings.
- Axelina: 1.5 cups dry bread crumbs (Panko bread crumbs, if you can find ’em: http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/blog/ingredients/panko-bread-crumbs/ , http://www.amazon.com/Progresso-Italian-Breadcrumbs-8-Ounce-Canister/dp/B001BZ7N1M)
- Chris: 1 pineapple (a Micky-Mouse-as-Christopher-Columbus-branded one, if available)
- Dana: 3/4 cups chopped fresh cilantro + 2 tbs. of chopped fresh cilantro + fresh cilantro for garnish; citrus juicer (you have one, right?)
- David: crushed red pepper, oil for frying, 12 cups vegetable broth, 2 bay leaves, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 tsp of white pepper, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander seed, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- James/Trina: 16oz coconut milk; two lemons (should give us at least 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, right?)
- Jeff: 1 lime; Sign up at http://mnmnd.com/wp/wp-login.php?action=register
- Late Dave: ≥16oz sour cream; Sign up at http://mnmnd.com/wp/wp-login.php?action=register
- Lauren: 1 butternut squash
- Leigh: ≥6 fl oz sweet chili sauce or honey-teriyaki sauce or Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce from Trader Joe’s (or try to trade with Nick/Whitney, if they’re better able to stop at TJ’s)
- Lindy: 1 pound equivalent ground fakemeat crumbles
- Mary: 1 butternut squash, 2 large onions, 2 medium heads garlic, 4 cloves garlic (minced), egg(?), 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Matt: 2 large onions, peeled and quartered
- Nick: 6 green onions
- Natalie: ≥2.1" piece of fresh ginger
- Travis: 2 pounds ground chicken
- Whitney: 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Brad: Sign up at http://mnmnd.com/wp/wp-login.php?action=register
- Others: Sign up at http://mnmnd.com/wp/wp-login.php?action=register if you want to be included in future emails (you can easily join/leave whenever you want). Come tomorrow if you can make it and want to enjoy some tasty food. Bring whatever you want, if you’d like.
I hope to see you all tomorrow!